Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. Personal information can include your name, address, telephone number (home, business, wireless), email address, date of birth, place of employment, and the nature, frequency, and type of BMI services used by you. The amount and nature of personal information BMI may require will depend on the nature of the products and services you request. For certain transactions, such as cash transactions for guest room rentals, additional appropriate personal information may be collected to provide you with the particular service or product you have requested. The choice to provide personal information is always yours, but may affect the availability and quality of the services and products provided by BMI.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
BMI is committed to providing an extensive and superior range of products and services to guests, employees, and stakeholders. BMI collects your personal information so that BMI may provide you with the products and services you have requested. Your personal information is used to understand your needs and preferences, determine whether BMI products and services meet your needs, and develop and improve products and services. BMI presently offers and informs you about BMI products and services that BMI believes may be of interest to you.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
BMI uses your personal information to communicate with you, to deliver the products and services you have requested, to provide you with responsible and reliable value-added advice, to offer additional products and services BMI believes may be of benefit and interest to you and to advise you of other benefits of doing business with BMI. BMI will safeguard your personal information and use it only for the purposes that it was collected or as permitted under applicable laws. BMI will not sell, rent or give away your personal information.
permitted under applicable laws. BMI will not sell, rent or give away your personal information.
BMI employees are informed of the importance of protecting your privacy. Employees are expected to maintain confidentiality of BMI information at all times.
BMI will protect your privacy, and in particular your personal information, in accordance with the following ten Principals of Privacy
INFORMATION COLLECTED TO DATE
- ACCOUNTABILITY – BMI is responsible for personal information under its control. BMI will designate one or more persons who are accountable for compliance with the ten Principals of Privacy.
- IDENTIFYING PURPOSES – BMI will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
- CONSENT – Consent is required for BMI’s collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where required or permitted by law.
- LIMITING COLLECTION – Personal information collected will be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by BMI.
- LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION – BMI will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which the information was collected, except with your consent or as required by law. BMI will retain personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for collecting such information.
- ACCURACY – Personal information will be maintained by BMI in an accurate, complete and up-to-date form as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information is to be used.
- SAFEGUARDS – BMI will protect personal information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- OPENNESS – BMI will make readily available its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- ACCESS – Upon request, BMI will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and you will be given access to your personal information, subject to any legal restrictions. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your personal information, and may request that the information be corrected or updated, if appropriate.
BMI is operating on the understanding that BMI has your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information collected to date, if required under law. You may refuse or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and providing BMI reasonable notice of the withdrawal of your consent. If you choose to withdraw consent or not provide certain personal information, your decision may limit the products and services BMI can offer.
decision may limit the products and services BMI can offer.
BMI may charge, in accordance with applicable laws, a reasonable fee for access to personal information and for making copies of personal information requested.
INTERNET RELATED POLICIES
BMI provides a number of benefits and services through BMI’s website (www.twinpineinnandsuites.com). When you visit BMI’s website without registering or otherwise interacting with the website, your personal information and e-mail address are not recorded. To access BMI’s exclusive services, BMI requires you to identify yourself as one entitled to access such services. BMI does use ‘cookies’ to identify you as a return visitor. BMI does not sell or redistribute personal information. When you leave BMI’s website by linking to another website, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of the new website. BMI encourages you to read the privacy policies of all websites you vsit, especially if you shared personal information.
QUESTIONS AND ACCESS
If you need to update or correct your address, phone number, or any other personal information, please contact BMI at 780.865.2281.
Chief Privacy Officer
Brookwood Management Inc.
dba Twin Pine Inn & Suites
595 Gregg Avenue
Hinton, Alberta, Canada T7V 2A5
Or by fax at 780.865.1177